Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sunday March 9

Rode back to the soccer tournament. The first
entertainment was a dance group from Mexico. Great
performers. Watched a couple games, listened to a
Mariachi band, gazed at the mountains. Reminded me of
watching soccer games at Mt. Abe on a colorful fall
day with the Green Mountains in the background.

In the afternoon did some reading and tidying up.
Remembering that I have electricity in the trailer
park, I went out and bought a clip on light. I've
been using the Coleman lantern but need to keep the
door open so I don't die from the fumes. I'll see if
the lamp puts out enough heat to actually warm up the
trailer in addition to providing cheap light.

While I was on the phone with my brother this
afternoon, a very odd looking woman came up to me in
the park and started telling me she was my neighbor
and did I want to buy two Sean Connery DVD's for five
dollars.

This evening I went to the UofA for the first night of
their jazz fest. A great dixieland band. The best
musician was the banjo player, used to be with the New
Christy Minstrels. Good trumpet player, former studio
musician now getting his doctorate at UA.


____________________________________________________________________________________
Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

No comments: