Monday, March 3, 2008

Sunday March 2

Had coffee this morning with the rock climbers. Turns
out they are in their mid 40's. She has a 23 year old
son. They have two of the best bods I've seen in a
long time. Spandex looks good on some people. He
works for Phelps-Dodge, the big mining company, she
teaches special ed.

Drove down off the mountain. Passed at least 100 road
bikers coming up and another 100 on the flats. Just
about every street in Tucson has a bike lane. Even
saw some bike teams training.

Went to Tucson Electric Park to watch the Diamondbacks
and White Sox. Nice new stadium, pretty antiseptic.
I had second row seats along the left field line right
near where the players come out of the locker room.
They were all great about signing autographs. The
game looked a lot like some A league games played in
Burlington. Lots of errors, lots of subs. But it was
warm and the two kids in the seats right behind me
loved looking through my binoculars.

Got back to the campground about 4:00 and repacked the
car. Unloaded everything, and made up a box of stuff
I don't need, extra pants, towels, curtains, shirts,
bike parts. Will send them on to mom's tomorrow.
It's easier to get to stuff now.

Then the wind started blowing. And it got cold. And
I haven't had a shower in too many days and there is
no running water in the campground. Climbed into the
Toaster and started feeling sorry for myself. So I
told the camphost to watch the trailer overnight,
drove into Tucson and got a room at the Ramada. Had a
shower, went out to dinner and I'm feeling much
better. Tomorrow I'll try to find a place down here
in Tucson and spend a few days baseballing and biking.


____________________________________________________________________________________
Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

No comments: