Monday, March 3, 2008

Monday March 3

Had the complimentary breakfast at the Ramada and went
to find a new camping spot so I drove back up the
mountain and retrieved the Toaster. It was very windy
and very cold. I'm now on site 13 in the Pima-Swan
Trailer Park right in the middle of Tucson. There are
about 24 sites and most of the RV's look like they've
been here for years. The one next to me has a tacked
together unpainted plywood door and is for sale for
$2000. The woman living in it told me most of her
life story within a ½ hour of my pulling in. But it's
quiet, cheap, has a nice bathroom and shower and the
owner is eccentric and entertaining. I even get a
wifi signal now and then.

Biked to the ballgame, about 8 miles. As I was taking
off my bike shoes at the ballpark a guy gave me a
ticket, first row right on first base, among a bunch
of season ticket holders who all knew each other, the
players and the umpires. I recognized the names of
many of the players and realized I was looking at and
(from this close range) listening to men making
millions of dollars a year.

Got back to the trailer park, had my afternoon coffee
and went in search of a Walmart which, I heard, was
having a sale on little heaters. Found the Walmart,
no heaters.


____________________________________________________________________________________
Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jordan,

We're back from Alaska - had a great trip though
only moderately successful Aurora viewing. My favorite part was the all-day train ride from Anchorage to Fairbanks - saw 31 moose (stop me if
you've heard this already - can't remember just when
we talked with you), a wolf, gyrfalcon, great grey owl, eagles and ravens, all from the train. And spectacular mountain scenery.

So now reentering workaday world - good thing VT is such a wonderful place to come home to.
I love your blog - very readable, entertaining. How's it all feeling?

David

anne said...

Hey Jordan - somehow wouldn't have thought of you shopping for heaters in Tucson in March...oh well. It's been icing/raining/slushing here today (yet another snow day) - really yukky out. So...you've gotta have it better than that.

Cheers - Anne