Thursday, April 24, 2008

Wednesday April 23

Woke up this morning to a light drizzle which turned
to real rain during my second cup of coffee. So I
quickly packed up and headed west. Got into Boise in
time to find a sports bar and watch Manchester United
play Barcelona in the second semifinal match.
Pinpoint passing but powerful defenses (and a missed
penalty shot by Christiano Rinaldo) ended up 0-0.

Major agricultural area. I thought Idaho grew potatos
but in this area it's soybeans. Wide irrigation
ditches, hundreds of yards long circular spraying
machines, enormous elevators and tractors the size of
small apartment buildings.

Stopped in to visit Mary Sullivan's son Patrick, his
wife Cory and kids, Sean and Lily. They were a little
bleary-eyed, having gotten back home at midnight last
night from a week in Puerto Vallarta. Parick runs a
shelter for homeless youth, with funding from the same
place as TLP. They have 12 beds and are staffed 24
hours. Patrick makes his own kettle corn with a
popcorn called, I think, Magic Mushroom, which he buys
in 50 lb. sacks. It is by far the best popcorn I've
ever had. Giant, perfectly shaped pieces, puts
Orville to shame.

Drove into Oregon to Farewell Bend State Park on the
Snake River north of Ontario. Only $13 a night with
electricity and $3 for a wheelbarrow load of firewood.
The Snake is famous for things during pioneer days
and tomorrow I'll try to find out what they are. The
campground is about ¾ full. It's no warmer here than
any other places I've been lately so I'll also have to
find what what the big attraction is. There are some
very noisy Canada geese walking around the camp. They
seem to be nesting on an island in the middle of the
Snake. And the robins are doing things we'd rather
our teens didn't. (No, not smoking little robins size
hash pipes.)

In coming into Oregon I'm now on Pacific Time. Seems
like some sort of milestone. All the way across the
country.


____________________________________________________________________________________
Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

1 comment:

Alarico Adalbert said...

I could not have closed on my first home without Mr, Benjamin Lee ! Benjamin and his team went above and beyond for me on this transaction. He handled my very tight turn around time with ease and was always available for me when I had questions (and I had plenty), even when he was away from the office, which I greatly appreciated! He and his team handled many last-minute scrambles with the seller and worked tirelessly to make sure that I could close before my lease (and my down payment assistance, for that matter) expired. Mr Benjamin is an incredibly knowledgeable Loan Officer, courteous, and patient. I went through a couple offers on properties before my final purchase and Benjamin was there to help with each one, often coordinating with my agent behind the scenes. I felt supported throughout the entire process. Thanks to Benjamin and the tireless efforts of his team, I am now a proud homeowner! I would encourage you to consider Benjamin Briel Lee for any kind of loan.Mr, Benjamin Lee Contact informations.via WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740  Email- 247officedept@gmail.com.